9.22.2010

Ticking Down part 2

My dinner was deciding to come back up tonight, nothing new but I just decided to get up rather than throw up. It was a pretty easy choice. The idea of no heart burn soon is so awesome. So I floated the internet and decided to blog because now we are on the real countdown. Friday, October 1 at noon Eli will be here via c-section or he may arrive on his own in the next week. We are so so so so excited to see, kiss, hold him. Tomorrow is my last day of work for awhile and with my house almost in order we are just waiting. Eli is still kicking away, he does steal the most active baby from his brother.

We finished his nursery thanks to Dustin and my dad. We started back in July tearing down wall paper. And I have had some back breaking days involved in the nursery too, not in comparison to the guys but hey pretty good for a pregnant girl. Anyway, I had stored away some of Max's things that I decided to bring out and share with his brother. That is saying a lot, I can remember a time when I cried my way through packing it all up into tubs vowing no other child will touch this stuff. So I think I have come a ways. Not to say I didn't well up going through the tubs. Maxson still holds a piece of my heart physically and although it hurts I treasure the weight of my love for him. So now Eli will share the blanket I made for Max and the bunny I played for Maxson so many nights. And I feel so good about it. Eli will love and look forward to meeting his big brother, I just know it.

So we have about a week and I am sure ready. Dust and I have been talking about how crazy that in the next week we won't run the show anymore. Six years now we are both more than okay with letting the reigns go. Dustin is going to be great dad, one of the best. And while I know we will mess up our fare share I think we will do okay. Elijah is going to be in for some passionate parents some that will hopefully raise him with a perfect mixture of yeses and nos, kisses and firm holds, teaching and let living. We will give it our all Eli, thats all I can say. And please don't fault us to much for our mistakes I'm sure we'll make, there is no manual coming with you!!

Now I may try laying down again my food might be digested enough to lay at a 45 degree angle. I will leave you with Elijah's Nursery. I can't wait to introduce him to you.







9 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing, so I'm so glad you posted tonight. Little Eli's room is just perfect...just like your love for him. I'm so excited for you I can hardly stand it.

Carla said...

gorgeous nursery! Looking forward to hearing the news of his arrival.

Shannon said...

SOOOOOO exciting... can't wait to hear of your precious son's arrival! You two are amazing parents, and Elijah is one lucky boy. I can just imagine him waking up in the middle of the night, and his parents considering it a privilege to tend to him. That's how I was, and I can imagine you will be like that even more so! MANY Blessings... what a joyful time.

Stacy D said...

Trish...

I am counting down the days with you and Dustin. I know you must be so excited for Eli's arrival, but in other ways, I know how bittersweet it is. Praying that his birthday would be a day of sweet joy for you guys as you welcome your second child. I can't wait to "meet" him!

And... the nursery is GORGEOUS!!

~ Stacy

Tammy On the Go said...

I love it, and I am so happy for you

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Eli. I wish I could be there with you. Post lots of photos OK? Good luck and God bless you both.
Amy J.

Anonymous said...

That's one lucky little boy! The room is great. Congrats on a healthy baby and, by the way, auntie Cass can't stay away. Plan on a visit from me soon!

Louie said...

Knowing you will be holding Eli in your arms so soon... so very excited for you... Praying for you and that little one...
Sara

Nicole said...

The nursery is GORGEOUS Trish! I am so elated for you to be able to relish the moments of standing in a finished nursery, waiting for that healthy baby of yours to fill it with his coos and laughs! I can't wait to see what Elijah looks like, and notice the resemblances between him and his older brother. :) Praying for you Sweet Mama! Hugs!